Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.


November 3, 2007

Name That Verse

Okay, so I've been waiting for something to come to me and so far all that I have is a particular Scripture that is really on my mind. I have also thought that maybe my blog needs a little something to keep the viewer coming back so I've decided to try and play "Name that Bible Verse." Sounds like fun to me. So I'll start with the one that is popping out at me.






"
 ...to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by 

speaking the truth in love, we are to grow...



 up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love."
Christians are to grow up into their faith. We grow through: studying and applying the Word of God, fellowship with other believers, prayer, worship, and sharing our faith with those who do not know Jesus.

3 comments:

GUNNY said...

Some sweet love out of Ephesians 4, and a reminder to me that it's not the so-called "ministers" who do the ministry, but rather we're equippers so that there are many who do the ministry. They are the de facto ministers.

P.S. One quick bit of advice ... don't be overly concerned with getting the readers to come back.

That's the fastest way for the blog to cease to be a joy for you and become an extension of what people want to hear instead of what you want (or need) to say.

All bloggers will wrestle with "blog envy" at some point, wishing we got as many hits as uberblog does, but that's just our vanity trying to get us derailed.

That's my free advice. Just remember you get what you pay for, so you can't come asking for your money back!

;-)

not used anymore. said...

Thanks for the comment. It inspired me to write November 8th's blog. I hope you know this one too. I have a feeling you may know a lot of these.

Anonymous said...

Brandi. I am so proud of you and love you dearly. Mama Connie