Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.


December 16, 2007

Our newest church member.


Today I received a great Christmas present. My father-in-law walked the aisle today and joined the church. I have longed for this moment for so long. It's one thing to have someone in your family. To have that individual in your church family as well, priceless.

I didn't know he was going to do this today, but God did and He prompted me to get the camera now and to not wait until after the service. I wanted to take a family picture since we were all in our Christmas attire and we were all there. I left the sanctuary to go get my camera out of one of the nursery rooms which caused me to walk into the service during the singing. I was going to wait and do it later but I was lead to do it now.

Fortunately, I really enjoy our pastor and so therefore I am usually on the third or fourth row. I would sit right in front of him, but I'd look like a stalker. Did I mention I really enjoy hearing our pastor speak. N-E-way. I was able to get a great picture of my father-in-law as he was joining my church family. ☺

Merry Christmas
To You
From My Family To Yours.



2007

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandi, we love you and your kind words mean the world to us. God bless you. Bill and Connie

not used anymore. said...

I have really grown close to the two of you in the last couple of years. I no longer see you as my husbands parents. I feel like your my extra set of paernts. I am so blessed to have Christian parents on both sides. I love you both, dearly.

Anonymous said...

How awesome!

As always, your beautiful blog was an encouragement to me, Brandi. I sure had a lot of catching up to do, though. And, hey, I buy those same granola bars!

:) Brenda

not used anymore. said...

It was nice seeing you today, Brenda. Sorry, I was in a rush. It really looks like the nativity scene went well. I like your <>< it took me awhile to catch it.

Anonymous said...

Brandi, Today was an awesome day! It really touched me to see Bill join the church. So glad I was there.
I have enjoyed your blog! I love you bunches!
Tami

GUNNY said...

We Aggies have a most appropriate expression that would be perfect for this ...

Whoop!

That really is good bull. Thanks for sharing and soli Deo gloria!

Anonymous said...

Brandi,
I rejoice with all of your family with Bill's decision. This will truly be a Christmas you never forget!
Congrats!
Tracy

PS. Thanks for send the email!

not used anymore. said...

I did "whoop!" actually. Aggie word. I also did a little clapping at the same time.

Tracy-
Bill made a decision many a years ago, he just decided to join the Parkhills church family this Sunday.