Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.


December 13, 2007

J is for Jesus


Look at a candy cane, what do you see?

Stripes that are red like the blood shed for me

white for my Savior, Who's sinless and pure

"J" is for JESUS, My Lord that's for sure

Turn it around And a staff you will see

Jesus, my shepherd, Is coming for me.



Jesus Gentle Shepherd,
this cane of red and white
proclaims the sweet love story
born on Christmas night

This cane, you see, when turned around
begins your name of Love
and now becomes a symbol of peace
proclaimed above
The lively peppermint flavor
is the regal gift of spice
The white is your purity
and the red your sacrifice

And so this cane reminds us
of just how much you care
and like your Christmas Gift to us
it's meant for all to share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandi,

I'm a friend of your mom's, and she sent the link to me today. I haven't looked at everything yet, but what I've seen is really neat. I especially love the info. about the candy cane. I'd never hear the analogy before, but will never be able to look at another candy cane without remembering it! I also love the song you have playing on your blog!
Merry Christmas; and I really look forward to reading more of your blog, and coming to visit it periodically!

Betty Young

not used anymore. said...

Thank you for taking my mother to the doctor the other day, it was hard for me to juggle my job, the kids school and April's daycare and pick up my mom and have her at the medical center by 8 am. God bless you for that. Thank you for checking out my blog.

I really love that song. I first heard it at my church it was playing in the background of the video they were showing. The video was about the mission trip they had recently been on to Rwanda in Africa. It was largely part of the reason that I later went to Malawi, Africa on a mission trip with our church. My son who is 6 loves it. I had a really neat time explaining the song to them with a few candles and a lighter.

God is so good. Thanks again Betty.