Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.


February 14, 2008

Texas Panhandle Wind





I recieved an email today with this funny little video in it over-exagerrating how windy it will get in the panhandle of Texas. I am reminded of a Scripture and a lesson that God has just retaught me.

But let Him ask in faith, with out doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything form the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. -------->James 1:6-7 ESV

I had become real low on food and funds and was beginning to really worry how we were going to make it. I was worrying that I wouldn't be able to get my children a valentines or get a birthday cake for Russell's birthday. Just as I was beginning to really branch out into worry I stopped myself and remembered that my Holy Father was capable of all things. I remembered that He loves me and that He will take care of all of my needs just as He promises. I layed down all of my worries at His feet as I emptied my concerns and filled myself with peace as I stood firmly on His promises to care for me. I prayed with the reassurance that God would provide and that I had nothing to worry about. 

Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open. --->James 1:6-7 The Message

After I prayed I felt peace. Just then my phone rang and I received a call that told me of the blessings that I would be recieving shortly that would remedy my lack of food money. I also got my paycheck today. God is good. He just wants to make sure we still know it.

No comments: