Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.


January 3, 2008

Q & A

Why are some songs only playing for 30-seconds?







"When you find a song on imeem that is a 30-second preview, it means that the artist or record label that has registered the song in our database has not approved full-length streaming for our users. Consistent with copyright fair use principles, the song will be streamed to you as a 30-second preview.

If you already have the song on your computer, upload it to your imeem profile and listen to it full-length. You can always listen to entire songs that you’ve uploaded to imeem; they will not be converted to 30-second previews. If you do not have the song on your computer, you can buy it on iTunes or Amazon.com

Just so you know, there are already millions of songs on imeem that we have permission to stream at full-length. We are constantly working with labels and artists around the world to add more, and we are adding thousands of songs each day. Stay tuned! "



So now I know. You see when I'm on my imeem they still play full length. I don't know until I've posted it that it will only be 30 seconds long. Now that I do know that I would be expecting lots of new music to be cycling through this blog.

No comments: