Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.


October 28, 2007

San Antonio Life Chain


























“I am now giving you the choice between life and death, between

God’s blessing and God’s curse, and I call heaven and earth to
witness the choice you make. Choose life.” Deuteronomy 30:19

Today I took part in a very valuable ministry. I was a link in the San Antonio Life Chain today from 2:00 -3:00 pm. What a good use of my time. A very productive hour. It was very encouraging as people drove by honking, waving, and some were handing out water for the participants. It was a beautiful day today too. I had never taken part in the Life Chain so today was my first time. Next time I'll be more prepared like our pastor was in his shorts, flip-flops, and full-brimmed hat and t-shirt. I on the other hand was still in my church attire. Fortunately today was one of my less dressy days. I was rather uncomfortable in my sweater, jeans, and 3 inch heel boots. Who knew holding a sign could be hard. Hardly much suffering considering the impact we had. If you have never been a part of a Life Chain before I highly suggest you commit yourself to one some time. On the back of the large signs were suggested songs, Life Chain etiquette, several suggested prayers, Psalm 51 I believe it was and some other info. For an hour the only sound I heard were cars passing by and honking. It was nice to spend some time with the Lord doing His will.

4 comments:

btaylor said...

Dear Jesus Girl,

I checked my StatCounter tonight and clicked on the referring link, and here I am at your blog. I cannot tell you what a BLESSING it was to see the picture of Katelyn and the wonderful post you wrote! Do I know you?

May the Lord continue to use you and your blog for His purposes!

<>< Brenda,
brenda.rht73@gmail.com

not used anymore. said...

God is awesome. You might recognize me if you saw me. I was at the Life Chain yesterday. It was my first time. I had on a blue sweater, and jeans and was near Billy Carlisle opposite the street from his shop. I was next to some of the (priests?) My name is Brandi Gray. I go to Parkhills. I think I've seen you there. When I saw you taking pictures you looked familiar. I just started this blog and that post was my second one. I am so blessed to know that others are looking at my blog and that God blessed you by leading you to it. I am constantly blown away by God. I am blessed to be used by God to bless your efforts. Do you go to Parkhills? I know from your website that you are not Debbie Locander. I thought that might be who you are. I know Joyce Marshall, Hathcox, Debbie and Bill Horton, Bob Bertels, Debbie Shaleen, Kim and Billy Carlisle. I saw the picture of Katelyn and recognized her from church. I never knew her personally, but she just beams with a love for God. When I saw the picture of her holding the sign I thought it was beautiful. Glad to have been a part of the Life Chain yesterday. What a fabulous ministry. I only know a brief part of it.

GUNNY said...

I'm proud of you, Sis.

Far too many professing believers forget that there's more to being prolife than just casting a vote every four years. Amen?

not used anymore. said...

:)