Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.


May 17, 2008

Abba Father


God has used my father countless times to bless me. I am so thankful that God chose my dad to be my earthly father. I could have gotten lots of other possibilities but He knew my dad was the right one.

The other day my car stopped working. So I called my dad like I always have done. I also called my father-in-law as well. They both came over and together they fixed my car. It was only the battery. They cleaned up the battery cables and my dad bought and put in a new battery. Problem solved. That's how it has always been with my dad all my life. Unfortunately it took me 31 years to see it clearly. When I called him, without hesitation in a confident cheerful voice his words soothed all my anxieties when he told me he would be over as soon as he could. And he was.

Our Heavenly Father wants to take care of all our needs and take away all of our anxieties as well. "Cast all your anxieties on Him for He cares for you."

It wasn't until I realized who God is that I realized who I was. Knowing how holy God is showed me just how sinful I am. I was very aware of how wrong I can be and how wrong I had been. As I sat and listened to God (read the Bible with an open mind and let the words really sink in) He taught me. He taught me things I never knew or wanted to know. Those teachings really resonated in my heart and changed me. I didn't want to continue in the person I was. The more I listened to God and obeyed Him the more I changed into someone more like His Son Jesus Christ. 

That's what God wants to do for us. He wants to make us more like His Son Jesus Christ. He wants us to come to Him asking for His help in faith that He can and will deliver. And He will.

I have an amazing earthly father. I can't even fathom the wholeness of who my Heavenly Father is. I notice that the more I come to understand who my God is the more I want to know Him. The same holds true for my earthly father.

I love my God and my father. What a blessed girl I am, they both make me feel like the princess I am. They both encourage me to see what a wonderful creature I am and that I should be treated in such a manner. I am truly blessed.




Thank you, Abba Father.
Thank you, daddy.

1 comment:

GUNNY said...

"I have an amazing earthly father."

I will "Amen" that assertion. God has been good to us.